Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prepare for my screening?
How will I know the results of my procedure?
Your doctor will explain the results of the procedure to you and your family members as soon as you wake up. You will be notified of any biopsy results as soon as your doctor has reviewed the results
Should I take my medication on the day of my procedure?
You may take your medication with a small sip of water on the day of your procedure. If you are taking coumadin or insulin you should contact your primary care provider for specific instructions at least one week prior to your procedure.
What are clear liquids?
Clear liquids are any fluids you can see through but it is best to AVOID anything with Red, Purple or orange dyes.
- Clear broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- Bouillon (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- Soda (cola or clear, diet or regular)
- Gatorade (NO PURPLE, RED or ORANGE)
- Clear Fruit juice (apple, white grape, white cranberry)
- Popsicles (NO PURPLE, RED or ORANGE)
- Jell-o (NO PURPLE, RED or ORANGE)
- Sorbet or Italian ice (NO PURPLE, RED or ORANGE)
- Coffee or tea (NO MILK, CREAM or DAIRY SUBSTITUTES)
What should I bring with me on the day of my procedure?
Please bring your insurance card, a photo ID and a list of your medications. Wear loose fitting clothing and leave all valuables at home.
Who should I call if I have any questions after the procedure?
You may contact Bridgeview Endoscopy Center with any questions or concerns you may have.
Will I be able to drive home?
Please arrange for an adult to drive you home after your procedure. As a matter of safety, you will not be allowed to drive yourself home.
About The Center
Bridgeview Endoscopy is an outpatient, endoscopic facility specializing in the screening and the treatment of various digestive problems.
Our board certified gastroenterologists provide compassionate, high quality care in a private, relaxed setting.